Sunday, January 10, 2010

engagement

Lately, it seems like much excitement around me is caused by one thing. Engagement. Not really getting engaged, but more along the lines of not getting engaged. Or engagement to someone--else.

Engagement. A defining moment where people start making plans to start making plans for marriage. Notice I didn't put wedding, but marriage. An entirely different thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone said he hasn't proposed because he is yet to feel it. That while he is happy with his partner, he has not felt like proposing.

I don't know the mechanics of popping the question, I'd think that it is more than momentary inspiration or a jolt of emotions as it is as much a feeling of certainty, happiness and love as it is a decision.

I don't understand. What does he mean?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone said they never had the talk about marriage. But now, a couple of weeks later, he is engaged to another.

I don't know the mechanics of popping the question, but does this mean an event-- momentary inspiration or a jolt of emotions had transpired?

I don't understand. What does this mean?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone asked me why I am still not engaged, given my age.

I don't know the mechanics of popping the question, but are momentary inspirations or jolts of emotions supposed to happen at a specific age?

I don't understand. What does she mean?

1 comment:

aa said...

i like that you used the word 'certainty'. 'Momentary' and 'jolts of emotion' should not be included in the same sentence with 'engagement' nor 'marriage' as they mean to convey different duration/time frame- if that makes sense.

p.s. ano va, senti?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...