Sunday, January 24, 2010

b/s

While I recognise that it is normal to have disagreements with your partner, I also recognise that sometimes there are agreements that are damaging.

In my whole lifetime, I had just one. And it is one too much.

It had been years since yet up to this day, I feel the slightest hint of exhaustion when I am reminded of that night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was surprised at how worked up I got when I learned something related to that argument a few days back. I can't believe how such a measly bit of information could scratch on a wound that has long healed--and healed quite nicely at that.

There is no feeling of anger, resentment or pain. But exhaustion.

I guess, giving and taking it all consumes. And I was reminded of that time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I remember that specific moment, I want to hug myself. And I can't help but appreciate what I have now--peace of mind, to begin with.

I am blessed.

The bitter is done with, now I can appreciate the sweet.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It is times like these that help us all grow. As you said...the bitter and the sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...