Wednesday, January 13, 2010

come together

Someone gave me a bag organiser and using it made me realise how much easier life is when each little thing in your bag has it's own slot. Well, the ratio is not exactly 1:1. Nonetheless, what relief!

I imagined how much the experience could improve if (1) each item actually had a slot, and (2) the slot was the exact size.

Soooooo, I made an organiser :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rummaged through my tela container and found a bright skull print--and some dark wash denim. I experimented a bit on the possible combos. In the end, I decided to use the right sides.After sewing the basic pocket, I fitted all my stuff and marked where I should sew.And then...everything fit perfectly! It was also a bonus that it rolled quite nicely. My layout plan worked. Yey! As I placed the items strategically, the case falls flat and doesn't unravel by itself.I am now ready to throw it into my bag!Of course I would probably make another one if one day, I find that my replacement item is in another shape or size--but, I'd think about that when I have to.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...