Wednesday, February 18, 2009

what is "normal"?

I know, too much attention had been given to my ability to sew on zippers and just when one thinks I have written enough about zippers, I go ahead and make a blog entry relating to it.

There are two kinds of zippers. Apparel for women usually have the invisible zippers (pink one in photo) . As the name suggests, it is almost undetectable, the only give away is slider. This is sewn into the garment and when placed properly, is seen as a seam. The other kind is what I refer to as the normal zipper, as I don't have a clue what to call it. This would be the zipper as men (okay, most men) know zippers to be. Enough said.

Why the whole zipper tutorial? Well, I now know how to sew the normal zipper as well. I sew my first normal zipper yesterday. I had to tweak the normal zipper application though, as I was copying a dress that utilized the zipper function (opening the dress so you could put it on) and as an accessory. I haven't finished the dress, but I could hardly contain my excitement. I had to share the news (I know, you are yawning now, while shaking your head, while thinking "I knew the zipper image was a clear sign that I shouldn't waste my time reading this entry).

(Images from germes-online.com and img.asiannet.com)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...