Thursday, February 19, 2009

jap waves

I had drew some japanese waves on one shoulder. I intended to do something else but because of desperation (long story) and inspiration (from our soup bowl), I ended up marking the dress with rainbow patterns.
This was the project behind the zipper tutorial entry. The fabric is canvas, what is commonly used as flour sacks in the seventies. It looks crumpled, so I would probably wear this without having it ironed.

I know that the dress should be about the details but I am still to be convinced if it looks done. I might end up putting some more work on this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

e oks nmn pala ung pattern na gawa mo e.. hehehe.. pano un. d ba mabubura yan? i mean sb mo pentel? - shp

Anonymous said...

tracy!! the "artwork" reminds me of the stuff you used to doodle in college, with the fishes and the stars etc etc hehe

tracy gomez said...

Posh, "permanent marker" daw sabi manufacturer. Anyways, I tried drawing on a swatch then I washed it (using liquid hand soap nga lang), it didn't run or fade naman. Buti I washed the dress before drawing on it, at least if something happens, I get to wear it once.

Pampooh, natatawa ako. I used to do that sa the last page of your notebook. Back then, I didn't know pa yata na these are supposed waves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...