Monday, February 2, 2009

what do you know, jon snow?

I've had a copy of the Jon chapter that George RR Martin released a few months back, a teaser for A Dance with Dragons. This is the second, the first released chapter was Tyrion's. For some reason, I never got into reading it until today.

"Do not be so certain." The ruby at Melisandre's throat gleamed redly. "It is not the foes who curse you to your face that you must fear, but those who smile when you are looking and sharpen their knives when you turn your back. You would do well to keep your wolf close beside you. Ice, I see, and daggers in the dark. Blood frozen red and hard, and naked steel. It was very cold."

"It is always cold on the Wall."

"You think so?"

"I know so, my lady."

"Then you know nothing, Jon Snow," she whispered.


The last line gave me goosebumps. And just like that, I'm back anticipating the next book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...