Tuesday, February 3, 2009

twilight, the book

I just finished reading the book, and I can totally understand the reason behind the bestseller.

I will still not put it in the list of my favorite books, but I would say that it has an appeal.

I'm not sure if men and boys will enjoy this as much as girls. I wrote girls, with this I mean, young women as I am sure that it was the young woman in me who enjoyed the book.

It had a formula plot. The most good looking guy in school notices a clumsy, helpless--but very brave and supposedly unique individual who doesn't realize that she is special. She is oblivious to her appeal to the opposite sex and insists on selflessness (of course I would be the first to say that there is no such thing and that I could back that up with specific sections of the book, but as this is a book for young adults, and this is not the time to debate over technicalities, I will put a halt to that trail of thought). No serious creativity, but it had moments.

Overall, I'd say that it's not bad, I however want to point out that this is a mood book, I don't know if there is such a term. What I mean simply is that, you have to be in a certain mood to like this book. There would be books that you can't put down--even when you have to, this isn't--unless, as suggested by the term, you are in a certain mood.

(If you still can't get it, it is like the movie Sideways. The first time I saw it, I fell asleep, on my second attempt, I realized that I actually love it. Mood movie.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...