Thursday, February 26, 2009

diane arbus

I'm not sure if I wrote about seeing the movie FUR a while back but anyway, it is a tribute to the photographer Diane Arbus (March 14, 1923 – July 26, 1971). It featured a whimsical love story driven by passion iced with unconventional beauty. It is a fantasy portrayal of her life, what could have transpired that made her the artist that she was. As expected, there are a lot of hate--and love for the film. Nicole Kidman played the photographer opposite Robert Downey Jr.

I wasn't familiar with her work until I looked up her photos post-movie. I was inspired to post some photos for as I reread a poem written by an unpublished gifted individual, I felt a strong nagging to revisit her art.






3 comments:

fernandofaustino said...

waw keren saya menyukainya

Anonymous said...

saya tidak bisa berbahasa inggris

tracy gomez said...

After having the text translated, I found out that:

waw keren saya menyukainya = Wow, cool, I like it

saya tidak bisa berbahasa inggris = I can't speak english

(When you can't speak english, you can't read english too, right? Hmmmm. Okay. I guess my effort was futile.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...