Monday, February 9, 2009

the other sister

I am not writing about myself here. I'm writing about a movie from the late nineties.
Although the similaritty of the plot has glaring similarity with Benny and Joon, the tones are very different.

While there were tender moments in the movie and scenes that may you feel squirmish and almost embarrassed (that often make good romantic movies in the first place), I felt that the movie dragged on. Halfway through the movie, I wanted to fast forward.

The movie was a bit too heavy for me and somehow, I didn't feel much relief from my anxiety building throughout the movie. It was like a cocktail that is unbearable toxic and sweetness in your mouth did not linger as the aftertaste.

I don't think my heart could endure sitting thorough this again.

I would say however that the movie was well cast. Juliet Lewis and Giovanni Ribisi were SUPER B. Hahahaha.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...