Sunday, February 22, 2009

my 25 things

I am giving in to the 25 things entry people have started posting in Facebook. I decided to post it here instead as it is likely that people who would spend time reading these things about me would go here. I also don't feel comfortable tagging people into a note all about myself. Just so we are clear, let me reinstate, I AM NOT TAGGING ANYONE.

1. The two persons that I love most are my siblings. I don't think I could ask for a better brother and sister. As if I was not lucky enough, God gave me a wonderful sister-in-law and brother-in-law.

2. I love reading books. If I could have my way, I'd build a foundation solely for teaching street children how to read; not only would this improve their opportunities, but also enrich their lives. (I'd also do book reading for them--if they let me.)

3. I am a self taught seamstress. I think I'd like to sew forever.

4. When I grow up, I want to be the best wife and mom that I could be.

5. If you want a question answered, ask. I do.

6. I think the flaw in all my romantic relationships is that I am unable to "surrender" to my partner. I can't seem to entrust my life decisions to anyone but myself. My friends insist that I have a deep fear of com...commit...commitment (there, I can actually type it), I think it is a matter of chancing on an equal.

7. I can't run but I can walk for hours.

8. I enjoy socializing and don't mind talking in front of a crowd but I am an introvert. If you look it up (you'd realize that the "but" in the first sentence should be replaced with "and"), it actually means someone who seeks "alone time". I don't mind shopping, eating out or watching movies by myself.

9. I enjoy wrist watches especially those with complications.

10. Like most Filipinos, I was born into Catholicism. While I believe in the general teachings of my religion, I find that I don't practice it by the book, as my lola would have wanted. I have reached a point wherein I am very comfortable and happy with the relationship I have with the higher being.

11. I think it is weird to be referred to a "sis" when (a) the person is not your sister, (b) you are not a nun and (c) it is pronounced as ziz.

12. Respect is vital in any relationship.

13. I am fond of wearing white. If you look into my closet you will understand the extent of it. It would put Dolphy to shame.

14. Although I have changed a lot during the last ten years, South Park remains as one of my favorite shows.

15. It amuses me that saying something as simple as "you don't know that" can change a life.

16. I like "dad drinks" (pang-tatay hahaha) and waitresses/bar tenders always do double takes after I tell them what I'm having.

17. When it is time to move on, I'd like to live in a "home". It could be anywhere in the world, any structure imaginable as long as it is a place of refuge and love.

18. I count my blessings. During interesting times, I kick myself to remember.

19. I am probably the only person who thinks that the living room is not the place for the telly.

20. I love movies.

21. Decisions are hard only when you know what you have to do, but you don't want to do it.

22. My favorite children's book is Dumbo. Yes, the flying elephant. I remember crying each time my Yaya Anita would read it to me. I am still on the lookout for a replica of the copy I had of it as a child. If I get to read one book to children, I'd pick this.

23. I am terrified of frogs. I find that I am sometimes afraid of flipping through Nat Geo-ish magazines, as I might chance upon a frog photo.

24. I miss her. My Yaya Anita. I have hopes of seeing her again. She has been that person who always cheered me up and believed in me, sometimes even more that I believed in myself. She always insisted on making me the bida. Stage mother. I knew she always wanted the best for me. She religiously came with me to swimming lessons, volleyball games or whatever new thing I was engaging in. During my birthday, Christmas or whenever she feels like it, she would take her hard earned money and buy me something I like, she says that it made her happy. She really made me feel loved. Losing her was my darkest hour. It beat losing a boyfriend--or four. I wish I could have been more expressive of how I felt about her, I have a sinking feeling that I might have made it seem that I resented her. I pray that she is safe and happy where she is and that in any small way, she knows how much of an impact she had on my life.

25. I don't frequent the kitchen but I love to cook. Sometimes I run ingredients in my head and think of an occasion when I could prepare such dish. I also want to own a set of razor sharp knives (it doesn't have to be valyrian steel as I am not slaying the others) and copper pans.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...