Thursday, February 12, 2009

let me count the ways

My best friend Cheng sent me an email around December last year telling me that she thinks I could replicate a top custom made for her sister by a Filipino designer. The top also came with an obi and some ribbons, apparently it was one of those "101 ways to wear" clothes. She sent a photo of the top too. It looked like a pillow case with holes cut out to serve as armholes. Here is a photo.Below is the copy I made. The fabric that I got is less matte but just as stretchy as the original. You'd also notice that I didn't double the material when I sew. I was afraid it would get too bulky. There are supposed to be a lot of other ways to wear it. As I already mentioned, it could be worn with an obi. It could also be worn with ribbons on the arms so that the sleeves show like fans. I took pictures of the ways I would probably wear it. I like it off the shoulder best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tracy, i chanced upon your blog, galing naman. pag tumatanggap ka na ng orders, let me know.. - vida :)

tracy gomez said...

Hi Vida! Before anything else, belated happy birthday :)

Hahaha. Sige, let's see how things are when you get back from Germany :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...