Monday, November 12, 2007

Slim? Nah!

Neneng explained to me after lunch why it took her a long time to get to me this morning. She said that the woman said "may natumba na babae dun, taga dito daw siya, yung maganda na payat" (a woman fell, she says she is from this unit, she is pretty and slim). Neneng thought of my sister in law. Neneng immediately said that there must have been a mistake because she has just talked to my sister in law, as she is in the office already, it was impossible that she was the one who fainted just across the street.

The woman insisted that Neneng look at the woman who fell, just in case. Although reluctant to go, Neneng went with the woman to discover that I was the supposed slim and pretty woman who fell.

Neneng was very sorry and explained that I was not considered slim and with that being said, her reluctance was justifiable.

Fair enough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...