Thursday, November 1, 2007

3 men for the lady

A psychic once told me that I would marry my third boyfriend.

As I am not one to base my decisions on trivial things, I was not reluctant to break-up with my third boyfriend when I realized that it was time to move on.

I was reading a Murukami book the other day. It is called Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman, a collection of short stories.

I had been a fan of Haruki Murakami for a very long time; in fact, I have read almost all his books (although I have no plans of reading After the Quake and Underground: The Tokyo Gas Attack and the Japanese Psyche).

As I was saying, I was reading a particular story from the selection, The Kidney–Shaped Stone That Moves Every Day that is like all of his stories, strange.

It is about a 31-year-old lad who had practically no relationship with his father. He is however, constantly reminded of something that his father said years ago, when he was still a boy, the three-women theory.

"Among the women a man meets in his life, there are only three who have real meaning for him. No more, no less"

The story goes on about how he somewhat finds himself constantly deciding if the person he was with would be one of the three.

You could read the story at http://www.bookofjoe.com/2005/09/the_kidneyshape_1.html

Reading this reminded me of the prophecy. I somewhat felt that I am part of yet another short story being cooked up in Haruki's brain. Maybe the my psychic believed the same theory, that a boyfriend is not a boyfriend unless the relationship reaches a certain level of meaning. This could be what we could call, a technicality.

Currently, I'm neither past three meaningful relationships, nor am I married. Given the situation , I could say that there is still a chance that the psychic predicted correctly, the skeleton key being a certain technicality.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...