Monday, November 12, 2007

Faint

I was on my way to work, when I was about to cross the street from our place to the bus stop, I suddenly felt breathless, giddy and purple blotches started to appear in my line of sight. I was already at the island when I decided that I should stop for a while. Totally oblivious to the fact that my bottom might get grass stains, I sat on the grass. I was breathing heavily and very dizzy. After a few minutes that felt like a really long time, I stood up and went towards the bus stop. I thought that I was going to be okay already. I was wrong. It was getting harder and harder to breathe. I untucked my shirt and loosened the neckline and laid on the bench. At this point, I was already drenched with sweat.

A man came up to me.

M: Are you okay miss?
T: I'm not feeling well.
M: Do you want me to call you a cab or something? Should I call someone?
T: No need. I just live in that condo (pointing to our place) and will be calling home in a while.
M: Do you need any help?
T: Thanks for asking. I will be fine.
M: Okay.

I reached inside my bag the minute I had enough strength to. I could not find my phone. That is the thing with big bags, I mean you could put everything inside, but it is tricky to find what you are looking for. It did not help that I brought a couple of cereal drink sachets to leave in the office and a few packs of biscuits. Needless to say, I was not able to make a call.

A Chinese woman with a Filipina came up to me.

CW: Are you okay?
T: I'm really dizzy.
CW: Here put some of this. (she pulled out a white flower oil bottle from her purse and put some on my temples and pointman)
T: Thanks.

We had a few more exchanges but I really don't remember much.

FW: Is someone coming for you?
T: I live there (pointing across the street)
FW: Is someone at home now?
T: Yes.
FW: Okay, I will go across the street to tell them okay?
T: Thanks, our unit number is xx-xx.
FW: Okay, I will go now.

I lost track of time again, I had no idea how long it took the Filipina and Neneng to return. The next thing I knew, Neneng was rushing to my side looking very worried. There was also a guard with them, but he did absolutely nothing. He just stood there.

When I got home, I drank a glass of water, forced myself to eat something, put on a sweater as I was having goosebumps and was feeling very cold and went to sleep.

It is extraordinary how God finds a way to save us everyday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...