Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Impulse Purchase







I am never a person to purchase a gadget on impulse, for example, it took me six months to decide whether or not I actually wanted an iPod. It also took me three months to decide whether I needed an external hard drive--three days whether I should get 60GB or 80GB.

Clothes, I buy on impulse... but techie toys, never... until last week. I went to the IT show and got myself a new point-and-shoot.

This really surprised me, especially because I am very happy with my current camera. It takes wonderful pictures, a single battery charge lasts nearly a week, it is compact. It is great. Nightshots are magical, of course only when I use a tripod, my hands are quite shaky. The only hassle for me is that there is a waiting time when taking pictures. You have to wait around 3 seconds before you could take the next picture. As I don't usually take snapshots of people in action, this was perfectly acceptable.

I really did not know what got to me.

When I got home, I played with my new purchase and I realize that the indoor shots, both the natural light and the ones wherein I used a flash were grainy. I felt so stupid! I experimented some more, then decided I should try out the nightshots as its bragging rights are supposed to be those shots with very poor lighting. I dimmed my bedroom lights, including the lamps, opened my window and started shooting.

After taking this picture from my bedroom window, across eight-lanes-at-least, four-sidewalks and two-flyovers, I thought "Not bad, not bad at all".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...