Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Bedroom Secrets of Master Chefs


I had been wanting to read Irvine Welsh's books since the late nineties, however for some reason I have never gotten around to getting them from the bookstore or even an e-book online.


One could just imagine my surprise when I saw one his books on sale, at $5 it was definitely a steal! I immediately grabbed the only visible copy. (I did looked around for more copies because I was hoping to get a couple to give to my friends. No such luck though.)


Initially, I had a bit of a trouble as the characters' lines are written the way they are pronounced--in scottish accent for example "It's f*ckin hotchin doon thaire these days". After a couple of pages, it growns on you, and it starts to be interesting, how the voices in your head sound foreign.


The book did not divulge any secret, what more, master chef's bedroom secrets. It did not talk about master chefs either, instead it was about two very disturbed Environment Health Officers who felt mutual hate for each other.


Funny book. Sometimes a bit too much. With unexpected events. Witty.


I hope I get to read the rest of his work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...