Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ex-Girlfriend

I am a three-time ex-girlfriend.

Once an Ex-girlfriend/the-one-who-got-away (according to his friends).

Once an Ex-girlfriend/greatest-love (according to our friends).

And once an Ex-girlfriend/heartless-b*tch (pretty much implied).

Written in no particular order. I refuse to divulge the timeline of each happenstance.

While I did learn a lot from each heartbreak, I have no intentions of re-living the moments in my head any time soon--or ever, for that matter. What I do try never to forget, are the lessons.

I had been hanging out with someone who has, a few weeks ago, become a first-time ex-girlfriend and while I would want to let her into some things I wish someone told me then, I don't think it is my place to do so. So I am going to write all about it and hope she reads it. As sly as a fox.
  1. You can't turn friends the minute you break up.
  2. It is really over.
  3. When he says It's not you, it's me, it is YOU.
  4. When you says It's not you, it's me, it is HIM.
  5. Your friends understand. You don't understand.
  6. You will regret THAT drunken phone call (be like Jea, lose your phone in Bora).
  7. Shopping will help.
  8. Maturity would gain you respect.
  9. Your relationship with his friends and family SHOULD change.
  10. When the word gets out, you would be bombarded with dates.

1 comment:

Homer's Dragon said...

11. Newly-single girls... look for Migs Avila. He's awesome. He's the best medicine for a broken heart. He's yummy eye-candy. He's McSteamy and McDreamy osterized and blended into a McMigs.

Note: Unfortunately, Migs Avila is in a loving, caring, nurturing relationship... is totally in love with his girlfriend... and is absolutely, insanely loyal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...