Monday, March 12, 2007

Ten Year Wait


I always wanted to see the movie Sliding Doors. I remember singing the movie OST by Aqua, Turn Back Time. Now, that I started riding trains on a more regular basis, I find myself slightly amused whenever I am able to get in just in time before the door closes. It is as if my life is being altered completely by that single incident.


Tonight, thanks to Jops, I am finally able to see it. I waited ten year to see this movie.


I am every bit smitten by blonde Gwyneth's hair as I was as a teenager.


I was not expecting much of the plot, the trailer basically said it all. The gwyneth-who-catches-the-train meets and interesting stranger, catches her cheating live-in partner in bed with his ex, gets a wonderful haircut, moves on and eventually becomes happy. The gwyneth-who-doesn't-catch-the-train continues living with cheating live-in partner, has mousy brown hair till the end of the movie and is the sad story. (READ: It really pays to get in that train!)


However, I can't help but feel disappointed. There was no chemistry between gwyneth and the interesting stranger nor gwyneth and the live-in partner. It reminds me of Edward Norton and Jessica Biel in The Illusionist. No magic. No sparks. Nothing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...