Friday, October 9, 2009

NU is a myth

A very long time ago, I read a very much forwarded email that I could never shake off my head. Especially the part about NU. I googled.

Just to be fair, I will post that bit about DLSU too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DLSU
Di Lumusot Sa UPCAT. That's a classic ain't it? It's as hilarious now as it was when I first heard it in 1994, which is to say, it's about as funny as getting kicked in the crotch. It's sad to note for a proud alumnus such as myself that a school with as impressive an academic pedigree as La Salle has become nothing more than a money-hungry institution whose only requirements for acceptance nowadays seem to be a pulse, an IQ over 80, and the financial capacity/ability to pay. Nowadays, whenever I incounter a person clayming to be from La Sall and they speech bad, have poor grammage, and cannot spill correctness, I am not surprice.

NU
I'm not even sure if this place is a real school. And I don't mean that in a snooty-you're-nothing-compared-to-my-school way. I mean I'm not even sure this place actually exists. I actually started believing that its initials really stood for Negative sa UPCAT.

Think about it. Do any of you really know anyone from NU? Do any of you even know of anyone who knows anybody from NU?

And if any of you even point to their basketball team and the audience that watches its games as proof of its existence, I beg you to think of this point. They act like absolute maniacs and they even look the part. If we go by that, then the National University is not a school. It's a correctional facility.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hilarious.

I seriously don't know anyone from NU--or anyone who knows anyone from NU.

I bet you want to read the whole thing. Google.

Who wrote this? Right. Google.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...