Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oetje Lamno

I saw an art exhibit today. There were three paintings that I liked, all from an Indonesian artist Oetje Lamno.This is Reaching the Kite, while this isn't my particular favorite, I can well imagine putting something like this in my hypothetical other room, a room with matte cream walls.This is True Love Bone. I hadn't really put a lot of thought into this one. I like the title though. Very much. It is unfortunate that you can't see the texture. This is Time Can Do So Much and is maybe the cleanest one in the series. I like how you see more and more details as you stare into it. The photo doesn't capture all the details, but I particularly like the hands on the clock--and the shadow of the twigs--and the pencil effect. Well, I liked the details. While there are many things going on, every bit seems to be in place. It has a whimsical feel devoid of chaos. I initially, couldn't make up my mind about the message or story. After looking more, my interpretation is that a boy falls asleep reading a book on life after finishing a lover's book. He then dreams about life--and love, as viewed and understood by a child. It is of innocent wonder. That is where the title comes in. Years from now, when he has experienced life--and love...it would be of a different picture.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...