Tuesday, May 19, 2009

what is your height? really.

Since highschool, I believed my height to be 5'3". Whenever I was asked or whenever I accomplished forms, 5'3" it was.

When I started working, I did a physical exam. When asked for my height, I said that I was 5'3", the nurse looked skeptical and said she would need to verify. After I stepped into the scale and she adjusted the thingamajig, she said "I knew it. You are only 5'2"."

No, my life was not shattered, but I understood fully how it felt to live a lie.

Hahaha. Okay, it was not dramatic--at all, but I couldn't help but write that bit.

I did another physical exam yesterday, it was deja vu. But this time, the nurse said, "You know, you are actually 5'2.5"."

This got me thinking. Am I wrong about other things that I believe to be true?

Hahaha. Okay, it was not dramatic--at all, but I couldn't help but write that bit.

Deja vu.

2 comments:

Bill said...

You look 5'3" in all the picture. May you just shrunk a half inch. Time stops for no one.

tracy gomez said...

Maybe if I stood taller, there wouldn't have been this much confusion! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...