Friday, July 11, 2008

Jambu

I recently found out that the local name for macopa is jambu. It sounds funny when you think about it.

My colleague was surprised when I told her that in the Philippines, jambu is not sold in groceries (and I'm guessing not in wet markets as well). When she asked why, I told her that your neighbors usually gave you some if their tree bears fruit. I think she suddenly imagined me living in a farm rather than a village. Jambu by the way is called water apple too.

Coincidently I saw a certain girl yesterday and nudged my friend to tell him that she is cute mainly because she has a pretty upturned nose, not unlike a jambu. He said he couldn't quite fathom why I would associate fruits with noses. I don't know about him, but when I told my colleague about the-girl-with-a-jambu-looking-nose, she said "Oh yeah, the girls in Archie Comics have the same cute nose shape". I rest my case.

1 comment:

tracy gomez said...

Btw, I got the image of the Jambu from Clicks from Life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...