Wednesday, July 9, 2008

sucker for an afternoon

It has been a very long time since I wrote seriously about love--romantic love. And I used to write sonnets, poems, essays, what have you. Not specifically about someone, but generally about what I would refer to now as romantic crap.

I don't know exactly when it happened, but suddenly it got old.

I don't mean growing out of romantic love because love could actually last for a lifetime--if you are lucky (or Vic Sotto); but inspiration to write. It is like some relationships, you wake up one day and realize that there is nothing. It's over. I was suddenly more interested to write about useless information, ahhh!

Why am I writing all these?

I was chatting with two friends this afternoon and we talked about one of the girls' old love. And when I say old love, I mean someone in her past that quite possibly, she would never get over. I would not go into details about what happened but I ended up saying refuse to be with someone you are not madly in love with, be with the one who makes you deliriously happy. The other girl pointed out that delirious was THE word.

Did I mention that the other girl is a rock star (and I am a bubble burster)?

I think this is enough romantic crap to last me till 2009.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...