Monday, November 25, 2013

Same Day Edit (SDE)

Unless you work in the wedding industry, it is likely that you are not too familiar with wedding suppliers.  Truly, this was the case for me.

I only knew of one wedding videographer, and while I felt that he was good--it didn't seem like a perfect fit--in terms of style.

---

My husband and I spent two weekends watching hundreds of Wedding Same Day Edit Videos--split between 9-ish suppliers.

In the end, it was clear for us.  There was this one that we liked.  And all the rest we were neutral about.  None of them sucked--but like I said, it needed to be a fit.

---

I contacted the videographer and right then was told that they were booked the day of our wedding.

While we would have loved for him to do our wedding video coverage, we did not feel that any supplier was worth moving our wedding date for.

---

We talked about our options and it seemed that apart from our favourite, there was no other videographer we would be willing to fly in for our destination wedding.

We decided to interview local suppliers.  

---

Our wedding coordinator made arrangements with two local videographers so that we can talk to them the next time we went to Cebu.

We felt comfortable with both suppliers, but somehow, we both favoured one over the other.  We felt that his style was more suitable to what we wanted.  

Our coordinator seemed especially happy with our choice, it was as if she knew something.

---

Franz, our videographer is a very quiet gentleman.  

During our first meeting, we talked about elements of our wedding.  We talked about the number and types of guests we had.  We talked about the potential of being allowed to say our personal vows during the ceremony and things we could do instead if we weren't.

We talked about shots we loved.  We talked about shots we were not too crazy about.  

He offered his suggestions.  And was considerate of our input.

Even without saying too much, I felt that he understood what we were about and what we were looking for.

We were hopeful.

---

Watching the SDE is my favourite part of the reception.

And when the time came for ours, I was excited.

On things like these--those I have no control over, I tend to curb my expectations whilst remaining hopeful.

Surely, however the SDE turns out, we would love it?  Is that not the reality of things?  Because it is yours. 

I will never know.

For when I watched it, I loved it.

---


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...