Wednesday, November 27, 2013

cruet (within a cruet)


I had been looking for an olive oil AND balsamic vinegar cruet forever.  Okay, since my husband and I found our first home.

Every now and then, there would be candidates.

I once found something I could have taken home , but then the 'bubble' for the balsamic vinegar was too small.

In another occasion, the proportion between the two liquids was correct but the actual cruet was too small.

Either would have worked, but it would have caused me to refill way too often.  Bad.

---

As I don't like buying things twice, I preferred to defer my purchase until the right one came along.

I can be quite patient with postponing purchases if the feeling is not right.

Waiting game it was.



the search is over

Carleen, my close friend from work came to my desk earlier this morning.  

She was holding a plastic bag that said thank you and have a nice day, with a yellow classic smiley face drawn smack at the center.

"I have something to give you", she says.

I reached for the bag and thanked her.

Still smiling, she says “Open it.”  

From the look on her face, I can say that she was excited.  I started to feel excited too.  She is infectious like that.

And while I was making my way though the bag, she added that she hoped I didn't have that thing I was about to discover.

Plastic, paper, paper.

And there it was.

The perfect cruet.

---

Welcome to our home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...