Sunday, November 24, 2013

isn't she lucky?

know.  

Lucky Charms is Cheerios with (hard) marshmallows.  And while I don't have a soft spot for Cheerios nor marshmallows, I could not truly explain why Lucky Charms is my favourite cereal.

Maybe it is the sudden burst of sweetness in my mouth when I chance by a rainbow or heart that reminds me of simple joys in life bore off the mundane.  Or maybe something less philosophical, I love it because junk food taste goooooood.

all day breakfast

A box of Lucky Charms costs $10.95 where I live.  And while I am all about you should not scrimp on food, I feel that that amount is A LOT for a box of any cereal.

I often wonder how this one could command a premium.  I mean, it costs more than cereals from the organic / glutten free section.

I always thought that ONE DAY, they will go on sale.

Froot Loops, Frosties, Captain Crunch,  all cereals go on sale!  

Except Lucky Charms.  Never.  The price is firm.

AND I ALWAYS LOOK.

---

Rummaging through the cereal aisle today, of a grocery I frequent, I saw a box of Lucky Charms and instinctively looked at the price.

I mean, I knew how much it costs, but I still look.  Maybe.  

And guess what?

$8.80

Not on sale.  New price.

$8.80

Just my luck :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...