Wednesday, September 11, 2013

ceremony reading selection

As the ceremony is very important to my fiancé and myself, we spent some time looking for potential reading selections.

---

He did an exemplary job summarising appropriate material and identifying his choices.  Most often he would mark something as either a top or second choice.  There was also one reading for which he only specified one preference.

---

He told me that I should read the selections and mark which ones spoke to me.

I did.

---

Most of our choices were unanimous--except for the gospel.  

He opted for a wise man built his house on a rock.  He said that he felt this is especially meaningful to him because foundation is important to him.  He also talked about choosing well and how be continue to build on top of.

---

I chose they are no longer two, but one flesh.  I feel that this is something that I must always remember. All my actions, all my decisions, I should now consider our family (only myself and him--for now).  This is something I am perfecting everyday, starting with small things like picking a dinning table and choosing which cable package to get.  I anticipate bigger things and harder decisions to make.

---

In the end we, as a single unit chose they are no longer two, but one flesh.  

It was only fitting :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...