Thursday, October 6, 2011

"johnny"

You never asked, so I kept my mouth shut. Because maybe, I didn't want you to feel that I was defensive. I guess instead, you felt that I was indifferent.

Which is usually how I am.

But not with you.

Never with you.

---

"Could not help myself" meant that I chose to do as I pleased. It was not reflective of any fondness, or the level of like for someone--only me, wanting to do something. Without thinking.

"Had to do" meant that it seemed like the (theoretically) right thing to do. So I can tell myself that I did what I should do.

"Makes me scared" meant well, what it meant. Only, it was about you. Always you. I didn't feel the need to correct you. (description #1 stands!)

---

Why am I writing? Because I heard that song today and thought about 'then' :)

---

Rhea, before you ask... Johnny is an arbitrary name. I had never had a person called Johnny in my life. Similar names, yes. Full match, none.

Maybe not so random.

It means something that can be understood by the person in this post.

4 comments:

Nubian said...

Your posts lately have been so melancholy. I hope all is well. Have a wonderful Thursday.

tracy gomez said...

I'm good :) thanks.

I haven't been blogging a lot because I tend to use my tablet at home and typing could be a pain! I'm kicking myself though for not writing--and sewing the past few months.

cinderellamolina said...

somehow i thought the post was gonna be funny. "johnny" sounds funny to me. haha labo.

Rhea said...

It's funny how you answered even before i asked :-) you know me too well :-P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...