Wednesday, October 26, 2011

tomato thing

I have a love-hate relationship with the tomato.

I love it as pasta sauce, that is my preference.

It is wonderful sun dried!

I even like tomato flavouring, think ketchup (catsup) fries ;)

It becomes tricky when it's fresh.

I can eat a giant bowl of fresh ones when chopped and flavoured with salt or fish sauce.

It is great with mashed salted egg. Or any dried fish.

And what about cheese? These are great with a HUGE variety of cheese. I especially like it with soft ones. Mozzarella. Goat's cheese. Ahhhh.

Let us not forget ensalada or salsa.

I don't mind TONS of it in corned beef omelets too!

-----

What I don't understand is why I can't seem to eat (as in abhor) when served quartered with a salad or as a thick slice in a sandwich.

Tomato chopped, yes. Tomato quartered or sliced, no.

-----

Which reminds me of other thing. Things that I don't mind--or even welcome in small doses, but seem sickening when shoved to your face.

Like Groupon emails.

-----

Raisins in savoury food... that is a discussion for another day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...