Thursday, October 20, 2011

like the movies

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the cycle or the moon, but today I felt lonely.

Not the hysterical-crying-while-sliding-down-the-wall-with-mouth-open but the calm loneliness you see in movies, when the protagonist makes tea, sits for a while in a bathrobe, both hands on the mug. No tea cups. Mug.

Only there was no tea.

I was not even at the kitchen.

I was just on my bed. Thinking. About nothing in particular. Just breathing. Eyes closed. Relaxing my body. Feeling.

Maybe I meditated too.

At the end, There was no grand discovery. I still don't know why I felt that way.

I said a short prayer of thanks, to remind myself how blessed I am. And to keep my promise to myself that I will always be grateful for things that I could easily take for granted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*holds hands* i understand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...