Saturday, October 15, 2011

maybe this time...

Today, I rummaged through my clothes-I-no-longer-wear-but-want-to-keep stash and actually took out 15 pieces :)

I gave them away. That is today's first good news.

Second, I found a skirt from the nineties that I loved--and still love, from the stash. And... it fit again!

(Surprisingly--despite the fact that I had been binge eating the past three days. And that I had a buffet dinner yesterday. I do know that if I keep on this, in less than a week's time, the skirt will be back in the stash.)

I did notice a hole near the pocket of the skirt upon inspection, the lining was in tact though.

So that brought about the third good news. I did some slight sewing today :)

Wohoooo!

---

I admit it took me more time to set up my machine than do the mending, but it felt good. It felt right.

---

It had been a while since I put out my sewing machine. And while I constantly think about sewing I find myself procrastinating. I even sold out and had a couple of pants shortened by a professional. Even if things like these cost more than the taxes on the items where I live.

Yes. Really.

---

I realised how much I really enjoy sewing.

I honestly don't know where to begin (again), but I know that next time something needs altering, I won't we paying professional fees.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...