Sunday, September 18, 2011

"relics"

It is always funny when you get the lyrics wrong and think "omg, that doesn't make any sense at all!".

----

When I was a kid, everytime I heard Hall and Oates' Every Time You Go Away, I'd feel sad. Well, it is a heartfelt song, really so I bet that was really what they were going for.

I'd sing the whole song too, somehow, I had memorised it--in the words that I thought the lyrics to be.

It would start with a..."If we can't solve any problems... Why do we lose so many tears..."

Then I'd get excited and belting the part "...going on and on and on".

Then, I'd sing the chorus tenderly (as tender as someone with a voice like mine could!)

Every time you go away, you take a piece of MEAT with you....


Nagbaon? :-)

---

Translation:

Nag = a prefix to denote doing
Baon = packed food

---

It is quite fitting. Me, thinking that if you leave, you better bring something to eat, it would be horrible--and acceptable to go hungry! ;)

---

Camille, it you are reading this, sorry for what I'm about to write.

I remember you saying that you once thought Karma Chameleon was actually "Karma CAMILLE AH" :-)

That's kinda cute too!

---

(I hope you clap your hands)

2 comments:

Nubian said...

Well when a relationship ends one does end up eating to console ourselves so I don't think you were far off.

Marie said...

Hahaha! That is my song! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...