Tuesday, September 13, 2011

guardian

I saw this online and I thought it was really cute.It reminded me of my doll. The one that scares the living. I don't know about monsters and the dead. I refuse to think about it! LOL.

---

I thought I'd share the photo with my Mom, so I sent her an email saying...
Hey Mom, I thought I'd sent you this so you'll understand why I love (my doll's name) so much :)


The next thing I knew, I was reading a loooooooooong email from my Mom about being shocked that I was a very scared child and feeling guilty that she didn't realise that I was seeking protection from a toy. She even went as far as saying, she should have asked me to sleep in their room.

Great. While trying to be cute, I managed to stress my Mom out!

I quickly explained that it was meant as a joke and that I was never scared of monsters coming for me at night.

I was tempted to add that I was sometimes scared as a grown up--especially a few weeks after watching Sixth Sense and driving home that night I saw White Noise, but decided against it. I didn't want her to feel like she was oblivious to my supposed needs. Plus of course, I'd be just teasing.

My mom replied that she initially thought it was a joke, but somewhat wondered if I was revealing a childhood fear.

I can imagine that as a Mom you should be ready for anything. Ready to listen to a child, no matter how seemingly silly her issue is.

At this age, my Mom still feel perhaps like I am that small child who can't sleep without her doll.

You know what? Maybe I still am :)

---

(I'd post the source as a comment as soon as I am able to make out what it is.)

4 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my! That's so cute! :) Now I wish I had a doll to protect me too. Although, the doll in the picture is cute and yours is...you know :)

tracy gomez said...

What are you saying? :-p

Lol.

I remember our maid telling my sister in law "hindi ako takot sa mga ganyan (pointing to the figuring that was "death"), kung kay (doll's name) hindi ako natakot e".

tracy gomez said...

http://isviral.com/pictures/why-you-need-to-sleep-with-a-teddy-bear/

Unknown said...

i had a koala.. still considered a bear right? hahaha! kaaliw naman si mom mo :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...