Monday, September 12, 2011

our daily "braid"

When I was a kid, I learnt how to braid my hair one summer.

The concept is easy to understand, divide the hair into three sections and alternate moving the leftmost and rightmost chunks of hair to the middle, taking the place of the center section. French braiding added a step, which was securing a "row" of hair from the side and incorporating that into the chunk of hair you are about to set as the center section.

No idea if that made sense to anyone but me.

Braiding our household help's hair was easy enough, but braiding my own hair was a completely different story!

As the french braiding starts on top of my head, my arms would hurt so much not even halfway through!

Long story short, by the time it was time to go back to school, I've gotten the knack of french braiding!

Only--I got tired of it too. I don't think I ever went anywhere with my hair braided.

---

And now, guess what? French braids had become quite the trend again!

One would think that I'd jump at the chance to do my hair. Wrong. So wrong.

(For some reason, I can't stop thinking "conehead" whenever I braid my hair!)

---

I did however, started going to yoga class with my hair in a fench braid to keep my hair away from my face--which was genius! You won't believe how well it secures my fringe. No more pushing loose hair away! :)

I wish I had though about it a long time ago--not to be trendy or anything, but only to be able to focus more on my alignment and less on my tresses.

3 comments:

Nubian said...

I am growing my hair long, once again. Went short a quite a few years ago.

I can't wait to be able to braid my hair again, but with the rate my hair is growing it will no longer be in style. ;~)

tracy gomez said...

You can always braid it for yoga class :)

Unknown said...

i have the same dilemma during childhood. i can do braids but its so frustrating doing it to yourself. so now i just content myself braiding my hubby's hair hahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...