Tuesday, June 14, 2011

VERA special plant

I received an aloe vera plant from a colleague. Seriously.

I thought that was really sweet :)

---------

Since receiving it, I had been googling like crazy on aloe vera preparation... and each time I find one, I'd think that I would be better off buying the processed ones.

While that means losing on the nutrients, it ensures that wondrous summerish taste. Besides, it was really the taste that had drawn me to aloe vera--the benefits part was just a bonus.

---------

I saw a giant tub of sweetened aloe vera the other day. I didn't put it in my cart... but I'm seriously thinking about it!

---------

I'm kind of worried about my plant though.

Apart from the money tree I have on my desk at the office--which requires (almost) NO EFFORT, I don't really have any experience on growing plants.

Plus, I live in a building--which means the plant is in a pot that is a poor substitute for the ground. Forget fertilisers. I don't have any!

Did I mention "no sun"?

Some of our plants died after we moved to our new place because of the orientation of our flat. It is pretty awesome visually--and cool, considering that we live in a tropical country. The drawback though, is that there is no direct sunlight at any point.

Good for me :) Bad for plants :(

---------

We shall see if love is really enough to keep anything alive.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...