Tuesday, June 14, 2011

what do you mean?

I was having a conversation about arguments yesterday.  I said that "never" and "always" really get to me.

What does that mean?

Maybe an example would be better.

If at the middle of the conversation cum argument I hear a line that goes "You ALWAYS do such and such" or "How come you NEVER such and such", it would be my cue to end the conversation.

Why? Because it means that infinity is the scope. Because it means that it is the emotions talking. Because it means it won't go anywhere.

Maybe sometimes never doesn't really mean never but instead, rarely.

Maybe sometimes always doesn't really mean always but instead, often.

Maybe sometimes ending a conversation doesn't really mean you are 'giving up', instead caring enough to shut up--so you can talk when words really mean what they mean.

2 comments:

Rhea said...

first fight? :-P

tracy gomez said...

you ALWAYS investigate :-p LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...