Thursday, June 16, 2011

in my parents' eyes

I'd always see it in the movies... you know, a person who feels that he had failed his parents. Or kids who feel that they would never be great in their parents' eyes.

Think Tyrion Lannister.

I think, my parents think I'm poor.

-----

Whenever they come to visit, I'd tell them that I would bring them out my Dad will insist that we don't go somewhere fancy. If I insist, my Dad would insist on paying. He would go to the extent of paying the bill when he was supposed to be going to the toilet just so I won't have to pay.

Whenever I go shopping with my Mom, she would secretly pay for the things that I intended to pay--even when I tell her that I intended to buy her something. There was one time that I told her I had vouchers, even if I didn't so that she'd let me pay.

-----

Obviously, I was being dramatic when I wrote I think, my parents think I'm poor.

So why all these?

1. My parents feel that I have a long life to live and would like me to save my money for the rainy days.

2. My parents want to treat me because I spend little time with them as they live in another country.

3. My parents enjoy feeling that they are good providers.

------

I was once at the drugstore with my Mom. I was getting vitamin C. I got the generic ones off the shelf and headed to the counter.

Mom: Oh, you should get the coated ones, they are better.
Me : They are the same really.
Mom: Here, take the coated ones. I'll pay for it.

I don't think my mom thinks I'm poor, but maybe she thinks I like to scrimp :-p

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i remember your dad when we went to tagaytay to do some ocular... he has kind eyes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...