Wednesday, June 8, 2011

inTENSE

While I a still at beginner level at yoga, one thing that I appreciate is the increased awareness and improved ability to "listen" to my body.

In the past, I did not realise that my muscles were tense most times during the day--including the jaw and neck.

Since this eye opening moment, I would consciously relax any muscle that is engaged, unless of course I am carrying out physical activities.

-----

During challenging or more thoughtful times, I catch myself tensing facial muscles more.

Last week was particularly hectic and interesting in the office. And we all know how that went....

Yesterday, I couldn't really see.

-----

Today, the my facial muscles seem overworked. It feels spent.

I've consciously counted how many times I caught myself tensing the last two hours, I stopped counting at six.

-----

I think I need a recording of my favorite yoga instructor asking me to lelac my tang, tee, joe....

1 comment:

Nubian said...

I have started Yoga and am amazed as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...