Sunday, June 26, 2011

this too shall pass

One of the yoga teachers that I had gotten so used to seeing said that today would be his last class here. He is moving back to his hometown.

This was also one of the best classes we had in a long time.

It is funny how I was thinking the other day that lately, he didn't seem to be too enthusiastic in class and that maybe I could go to the sessions with other instructors.

Near the end of today's class, I thought "he's back". Only. He is leaving.

----

I remember the last exam I had in college. I did extremely well, and I thought "that was fun". Only. It was the last one.

----

Maybe it is human nature that when you begin to see the end, you suddenly have that surge of energy. Even enthusiasm.

Patience comes easy when you know the situation is temporary. Or ending.

The funny thing is that it is known that everything will pass.

I think this is a truth I sometimes forget when I am frustrated. Then maybe, i'd do better :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have a very good point. this too shall pass. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...