Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Favorite Things

It seems shallow summarising the year with material things, however when you really think about it there are reasons--and quite personal ones too behind each item.

Anyways, these are my favorite things this year. I'm sure there are a lot more that I loved but did not make the list.

A good number of these items were gifts, which makes it more special :)

-------------------

I turned thirty this year. My mom kept referring to it as my pearl anniversary, I never really saw it that way. For me, it was another checkbox and higher insurance premium. I love these earrings! Not only because they are lovely but more so because of the drama (okay, maybe not the drama), the thought, effort and care taken to get them to me. This was a very indulgent present. Thank you.

-------------------

I think those who are very close to me would know how colourful this year had been for me. It is not a surprise that it reflected on other areas of my life too!I love this palette! It is such a bonus that the other bold color is green--clearly the blue eagle who got this for me had seen the light ;)I had always wanted liners that (1) last all day, (2) never run and (3) have lovely colors. I'm so glad I found out about these :)I had NEVER, in my whole life felt as anxious to get any cosmetic product as much as these! Who is the fairest of them all?This sort of reminds me of Francis M's Kaleidoscope World. RIP Francis M.

-------------------

I always tell myself to act my age. I could be quite picky on what I wear because, well...I want to dress my age too, the thing is though, I am a child at heart. These are my favorite sneakers :) I got them this time last year. It has a golden pair somewhere out there too.I've worn these so much that they are no longer white--which I hate. I don't mind them being, off white, but it is just wrong for them to be gray. Boooo.I haven't worn this as much as the other two, but it makes me want to shout WHAT"S GOING ON?!?!?!

Some things are non-negotiable for me. In fact this year, I let go, with an aching heart, A LOT of swimwear that I thought were too young for me. Nah. I'm not posting any photo of the replacements. Not even on next year's favorite things entry.

-------------------

In line with my attempt at a second chance to wear Docs, I also expressed my inner rockstar by sporting studs. I especially like the pyramid details. I didn't get a picture of all my stuff with studs. I'm keeping this entry for my favorite ones :) I love them best in shoes.I think this is close to the end of its lifetime--only because I had worn them so many times! I know that there is no other shoe that I wore more than this in 2010!As you can see from the photo, these sandals are well utilised too. Like the previous shoes, I think this too will reach end of life soon. These were my staple weekend sandals in 2010.While this pair share the same traits as the other two, I had only worn them once in 2010. I imagine though that I'd probably be sporting these quite frequently this year. The future. This was a present from a very thoughtful--and observant individual :)

-------------------

Every now and then, you surprise yourself.

Last year I surprised myself in a big--but good way. The difference was quite dramatic compared to last time. That's all I'm saying.I shocked myself and rochness by incorporating some print into my wardrobe, and I even got these shoes. The selling point for me was the pony hair! DAD... I WANT A PONY (hair ballet flats).

-------------------

I went crazy over a pair of shoes last year. Seriously crazy. I guess it was because of the details and the different textures.The one. I found the one in 2010.

-------------------
Oh, and I took all the photos :)

I didn't get my camera in 2010, but it is sure one of my favorite things this lifetime. No joke.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i knew it.. when i started reading this entry, that i would see the docs, the liner and of course patrick! hahaha!

tracy gomez said...

Hahaha. Psychic? :-p

happy new year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...