Tuesday, January 25, 2011

numbers game

I had a blast watching fights last Friday--four hours of muay thai. Of course come Saturday, I wanted to watch some more!

It was so exciting. Unbelievable. Unlike boxing where I end up teary eyed, feeling for the losing contender, muay thai is just thrilling to watch. It is probably because there are shorter matches--five rounds of three minutes each. It is quite action packed that I didn't have time to get too emotional.

----------------

Can I just add that I had discovered that I have a knack for picking the stronger fighter by inspection? As in before the fight begins. I would have made money if I placed bets.

----------------

Why the numbers game?

Well, I looked at the programme for the profiles of the fighters and WOW. The numbers seemed to speak to me.

What do I mean?

At my heaviest, I weighed as much as the heaviest fighter.

At my current weight, I weighed the same as the actors... what we called the fighters who did an exhibition fight, not unlike wrestling to show the different moves that are aimed for by the fighters during matches.

At my lightest, I weighed as little as the lightest fighter.

Isn't that something?

----------------

I'm definitely watching again the next time I fly in!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...