Thursday, December 2, 2010

mugged :(

I'd like to think of my workplace as a safe place. True, once upon a time there were some theft. Wallets, cash and bags were stolen but, let us not forget that with those valuables, my sweater was taken too.

Since then, (too many) video cameras had been installed and security was reinforced in the office.

No theft had been reported since.

--------------------------

During the day, my laptop bag as well as my personal belongings are locked inside my bin. When I leave, I don't lock my bin at all since there isn't much there but office supplies and my food stash. I bring all important (and valuable) things to and from the office daily.

--------------------------

Today, when I got to the office, I took out my laptop, locked the case in the bin then opened the drawer so that I could (again) wash my mug--the one that I had washed the day before and stored. There. In the drawer--its place.

Only...it wasn't there!

I took my drinking bottle instead and headed to the pantry.

As I was reaching for the faucet to wash my drinking bottle, I saw my mug! It was there! Someone had used it, and there was still some coffee in it.

I got upset :(

Who steals a mug from a personal drawer? Granted it is never locked, but who looks through their colleague's stuff to secure a mug. AND OUR OFFICE PROVIDES CUPS AND SAUCERS FOR EVERYONE TO USE!!!

--------------------------

I need a new mug.

For the first time in years, I actually hope someone gives me a mug for Christmas.

2 comments:

Nubian said...

You have every right to be upset. You should put your mug in a plastic see through bag, put it on your desk and if anyone asks why it is in the bag tell them you have a friend who has access to the finger print data base and you will be finding out who took your mug. Watch the people squirm. ;)

Unknown said...

this incident is disturbing, sorry, but ambastos naman! are they really that unethical to do such a thing?! hope i could catch you some time and give you a mug. now, you should really lock ur bin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...