Monday, March 2, 2009

you had me at hilo

I'm home this Monday afternoon as I had another dizzy spell. There was some relief from the meds and a nap, I then picked up on some work I needed to complete today. When all was done, I rewarded myself with some tikoy. I have mastered the art of cooking tikoy, crunchy outside and gooey inside. Perfect. Of course I found myself dizzy again after cooking.

After recovering again from the post tikoy cooking dizzy spell, I noticed the book I was using as a mousepad, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, I flipped through the page where there were some text that I liked. Don't ask why I like it, my answer would be a whole different entry altogether.

"I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose. I wanted each and every one of them, but choosing one meant losing all the rest, and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began to wrinkle and go black, and, one by one, they plopped to the ground at my feet."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have that book. masyadong affecting, to the point that i considered throwing it away. hehehe.

pero seriously, i was disturbed by that book.

tracy gomez said...

You're right. It is similar to Milan Kundera and Gabriel Garcia Marquez books.

Hindi ko naman naisip na itapon pero whenever someone borrows it, I feel that I have to assess the emotional stability of the person before lending it. Hahaha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...