Wednesday, March 18, 2009

eat my heart out

It was chicken curry for dinner last night.

Each of us had a bowl of well, curry soaking a thigh-and-leg part. As I transferred the piece from my bowl to my plate, I notice something dangling and upon close inspection, I realized that it was the chicken's heart. Please don't ask me how chicken organs are connected, but there it was, a small heart. Dangling. Off the thigh. Connected. Dangling.

I looked at my brother and said do you want this?, pointing my knife to the organ; he said he'd take it if I didn't want it.

(No. I don't want no chicken hearts.)

I sliced it off my dinner and placed it on his plate. He forks it and puts it in his mouth.

(Okay, maybe I like the chicken hearts in this certain Brazilian place.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...