Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stay

I remember the day my Ortho gave me my retainers. He told me I should wear my retainers every night forever. He also said that if the day comes that I get married, he will give me a free pass so I can not wear them during my wedding night.

I was happy with my smile pre-braces, I only got braces because my wisdom teeth were bullying the rest, so the Ortho suggested that I have these nuisance teeth extracted and get braces. I did. Both.

Now, back to my story.

Of course I followed the instructions, until I became very confident that my teeth are gonna stay put. This was when I started wearing my retainers every other day, then every three days, then only on weekends, then every other weekend until I never wore them anymore.

Just now, while flossing, I saw the familiar case and thought I should see if my teeth behaved. I realized that they didn't.

As I am typing, I have my retainers on and I feel like my head will crack in the middle from the strain. Geez, the pain is close to unbearable. I get this for being stubborn, and I know what I have to do. I would start wearing them every night again. Unless of course, it is my honeymoon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...