Thursday, May 3, 2012

bLeach bum

I'm kinda stuck thinking about bleached apparel. Particularly dip bleached. I am fascinated too by another bleaching effect for which I don't know the terminology--I call my favorite bleached pair of trousers "clouds pants".

On Labor Day, I labored on an old pair of jeans. I worked in getting the gradient effect.

---

I took out an old pair of jeans, dragged my sweaty-from-the-gym-and-hungry-for-pork-ribs boyfriend to go to the grocery to buy bleach and (pink) rubber gloves.

And then it began!

I felt like a wicked witch boiling in a giant cauldron some bat wings, a newt, snake venom, a lock of hair and the Power Puff Girl ingredient, Chemical X. But truly, all I had was a mixture of warm water and bleach.

---

Obviously there are no before photos, because I get consumed like that ;)

---

I must say that I'm very happy with how my first project turned out that I am now thinking of other things to throw in a bleach solution.
Admittedly there is some hesitation knowing this will be a (quickly) passing fancy. My reluctance is growing by the minute.

---

This is not to say that I had stopped thinking of the antonym of my project that is the dip dyed shirt in white and navy.

Only, the potential of staining other clothes really for me is a deal breaker.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...