Tuesday, May 29, 2012

red velvet event


What's that?
Looking at this, you would never suspect that I put a lot less than the recommended amount of food colouring.  It isn't as if I feel that colouring is unhealthy, but because I don't quite like the taste.  Yes.  The taste. 

I also made some other adjustments to the recipe, I added ingredients that I like such as vanilla, put less of those things I don't really like--besides food colour, vinegar.  I hate red velvet that taste of vinegar. 

I also mixed some brown sugar into the batter because, well, you guessed right, I love the taste!

I truly could not decide what to make of the cake, so I made three batches.  

The first being the mini two layer round cakes because the recipe I got online was really to make a two layer cake with vanilla frosting in between and all over.  Nothing too exciting.




The second batch I designed for the person I'm with.  I lined muffin cups with dark chocolate, dumped some batter and topped it with semi sweet chocolate.

Ketchup and Chocolate?
I was pretty pleased with the result.  I ate one hot from the oven and truly, I knew the person I'm with will flip!  
"taste me"

He loves moist cakes that are not too sweet, plus he is crazy about dark chocolate.  

The anticipation is close to unbearable, really.
some striptease action

The third batch was simple enough, I placed the plain batter into muffin cups and when they were done, I topped it with the (carrot cake recipe) cream cheese frosting--my favorite frosting :)
 
tasty twosome ;)
 I am torn between the second and third batches.  The first batch was okay, but the last two kinda blew me away.

---

I wonder what I'll be baking next.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...