Sunday, February 26, 2012

lost

Before Rhea asks, let me just say that I didn't lose any friends, not this time :)

---

I thought about friendship and how sometimes we lose touch because we are away from each other, too busy, changed. Maybe we lost reason to talk or hang out. While I don't particularly enjoy somewhat losing touch with someone because our lives had moved on, I recognise that such is life and that truly, your friends will remain your friends. And maybe at another point in your life, you'd meet again.

Last year, I met my college girlfriends (we missed you Pampooh!) again after a very long time, and it was like time didn't change what we were to each other. Sure we were facing different things now but I knew, I knew and felt that I was amongst friends.

I'm hopeful for another reunion late this year :)

---

That was about losing touch.

But what of losing a friendship?

---

I came close to losing a friend once because I was stupid. i didn't think that he would have understood if I told him what was bothering me about our friendship. It lasted for a couple of years too. I really drove him away. You can even say, literally.

Luckilly, i woke up one day and realised that I sucked.

I knew there was no way I could take back all those times that I knew I was making him miserable--and continued on ignoring him.

He gave me another chance.

You see, in this particular scenario, perhaps, he was wiser than I was.

---

Are all friendships worth saving?

I hate to say this, but honestly, I'd say...

NO

---

I was talking to someone the other day. She was asking how I felt about the chaos that surrounds her social circle. Not wanting to spill her story, I'd jump right to what I told her.

"Good riddance. Do not beat yourself too hard over losing that person. You don't deserve to be treated that way. If she truly was your friend, she would at least have given you some repect. You might not feel it now because you are hurting, but when it stops you will feel grateful that she is out of you life, leaving more room for people who truly love you."

---

I've decided a long time ago that I will chose the people I let into my life--only because I truly cannot afford to waste time "making do" with the company I hold.

---

It's almost 3AM and after a few couple of drinks, I'm feeling sentimental.

So right here, I'd say that everyday I am thankful for having wonderful people in my life :)

3 comments:

Nubian said...

I invest a lot in my friends, when it isn't reciprocated I move on.

Cathching up on all my blogs, currently visiting family in Cape Town.

tracy gomez said...

I didn't realise that it was your hometown. Enjoy you vacation :)

Marie said...

Miss you Trace! Hoping for the reunion this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...