Friday, February 17, 2012

dreams and reality

There were so many lovely pieces in the exhibit I went to a few weeks ago. But before I post some of my favorites, I'd do the obligatory photo reference to my date of birth. I have the same for 1980 at Tate Modern, it was only fitting that I do a 1880 this time :)What were my favorites?

Starry Night. Oh my God. Floored. I spent a good five to ten minutes just looking at it.

No contest.

But what of the other paintings? There perhaps would be eight that caught my eye, but I'd just post the three that I loved the most.Venus in Paphos. This was the first painting that I truly loved in the exhibit that I went back to look at it three times.Birth of Venus. I think I have a thing about 'birth of venus' paintings! This obviously is not the whole painting, but I kind of liked it cropped this way :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...