Saturday, February 4, 2012

"may lamat"

It is not easy to accept that someone you trust is betraying you, that's why sometimes it goes too long before you do anything about it.

I think I've known for a long time, but it wasn't till a few weeks ago that I admitted to the possibility and looked into it.

While I am not "too trusting" in general, there is however a handful of people that I trust.

---

Early last year I thought that it "seemed" that I was losing small quantities of certain items, incrementally.

I remember thinking that, then just shrugging it off.

Every now and then, I would be reminded but I continued to ignore it.

Around November, something shifted perhaps in me that I started to monitor things. Even when I was sure, I wanted to validate it. Maybe because I was hoping that I was wrong.

---

The other day, I had decided to confront the trusted person.

There was no accusation, no loud voices, not even an exchange.

I just asked a question.

Would you know how this could happen, because I know for a fact that I'm losing?


Without waiting for an answer, I said what I'll do on my part to prevent losing more.

Then I said no more and that was the end of our conversation. Or my statement.

---

That was me giving someone a chance to change.

But quite honestly, our relationship has changed forever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is sad indeed. it's really hard to put things back the way they were because there's always this lingering thought of the incident.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...